Saturday, April 27, 2013

2012 - Epiphany

2012 - What a year!
It was one of those years, you know too much happening! You lose control in the midst of the chaos which your life is.
To summarize it -You love, You hurt, You learn, You live!
Moving on, I was pretty low and down for most of the year - situation... situation - tsk tsk!
But then I saw him! Oh Boy! (*Now Tradition, forces me to break out into song*)

"There he was just sitting on the aisle
singin' do-wah diddy-diddy down diddy-do
 Shiny and pretty and lookin brand new
singin' do-wah diddy-diddy down diddy-do

He looked good, LOOKED GOOD
He looked fine, LOOKED FINE
He looked good, He looked fine
and I nearly lost my mind
Before I knew it he was sittin in my kitchen...."

Ah...my knight in shiny amour! My Oven!
He saved me! He truly did! I couldn't love no other the way I love him! He helped me through the year and helped me regain my self-confidence!

Anyways, I'm going to skip the dramatic details and move on to the tasty part!
Oh the things I could do with him...hmmm!
So what did I do with him?!
See! I say see below! Look at the glorious-yummilicious-gorgeous baked goodies!


German chocolate cake, brownies, cupcakes ....(*sigh*)!

But in all honesty, It wouldn't be fair for me to say that the year was really bad! It had its good moments:

My Bestie Cousin Ivon got married! Wohoo!
Jacq welcome to the family!
Oh and surprise! surprise!
Baby Isabella!
Honey Bunny! Beautiful Girl!...
Our bundle of joy! The Center of my parents attention!
Our baby doll! Dollie! Sweety!
Look at those gorgeous eyes! So pretty! The innocence!


My Bestie Anupama from school got married in Pondicherry and I was the designated "fun" bridesmaid! Traveled to Bangalore for the wedding. To be honest, the traffic killed it for me. But all in all a good trip!


I also got to meet Roshni after eight years. And the three of us were together after ages. Some very interesting conversations, I must say.
Also, we had a mini school reunion and as a result of that I now have my ladies advisory committee i.e Ammu (Check out her blog: http://brokefatandhappy.blogspot.in/), Runika, Anusha, Anupama and Aziya!

(Left to Right: Dhaniya, Ammu, Anusha, Me, Anupama, Shekainah, Runika)

To end the year, I vacationed in Goa and had the best time ever. Met my BIL (Hua-quim), My favorite Saunders Siblings, My Foof (aka Ashlin), My Dimpled Boy (aka Aniket), Sneha, Prabhu...oh the wonderful food, the air, the late night bike rides, Sunburn, the dances! Perfect! Took a short trip to Pune to meet my Eliza and Simona, had the best time apartment searching and chilling at Nyati Meadows!


All in all the year did turn out pretty great! Learnt a lot! Cheers to 2012!

2 comments: